Thursday 22 September 2011

Note to self, Compress After

So I had a bit of a frustration doing my sequencing today for my final pre-visual. Couldn't figure out why my intro and out credits were not showing up in Premiere. Then I realized that when I rendered them in After Effects, I compressed them, duh. Which made them run really slow in premiere. Plus it didn't help I was working off a network, (doh). But once I got the project on the hard drive, and got the raw uncompressed clips from After Effects, it was smooth sailing. Here's a sneak preview (in playblast form):




And here's some test renders:















N.B.

In addition to my previous post, its seems mental ray materials and normal maps are a tricky and finicky thing to work out. For now, I think I'll just leave him with a simple blinn or lambert. He looks fine with it, maybe later I'll go fancy with the realism and sss.

No comments:

Post a Comment