Friday 26 August 2011

I made fire!!!!

I have been trying for the last week (in between texturing and lighting my demo), to get the torch fire working right. The instant fire button in dynamics is so quick and dirty, plus its awesome results! My problem was my scene was sooooo small. So when I shrunk my emitter object down the fire sputtered out and looked terrible. So I decide to take my whole scene and scale it up. And eureka! The spheres I used to make the torch fire turned out great, fit perfectly into the torch columns I made and it looks not too bad. Had to crank up the density and lower the fire scale, but they're a pretty good start. With some tweaking and more lighting it would look awesome. Unfortunately I just spent the last half an hour reposition all my camera keys because of the scale up. So very happy with my demo and how its coming along. My task in the next week is to take a look at my character. I did a pretty good uv on him today, so we should be able to get into texturing him and the Anubis statues out front. Here's some sample renders of the fire and tomb in progress:




No comments:

Post a Comment