Wednesday 27 July 2011

Technical artist in waiting

I like being a digital artist. I enjoy the technical side of the biz. Things like fur or rigging can be a nice break from the artistic side of things. Drawing joints on my character yesterday was fun. It's great to switch gears from time to time. Today I was back in Maya fur. The plush eagle is coming along. Had some glitches when I was painting length maps, but think I solved it. Just have to finish the length map for the beak and feet so they look velvety. And paint baldness on the eyes. But he's looking good. Pics to come.
I enjoy creating cool things in Maya or zbrush but sometimes doing something technical like rigging or tweaking fur is a nice change of pace. Going to finish up the rig this weekend and work on his pose. Should really start to pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment